North Bay Zero Waste Symposium engages community stakeholders by showcasing zero waste policies, programs and infrastructure that design waste out of the system wherever possible and divert discarded materials through composting, reclaiming, reducing, reusing, and recycling. We can eliminate waste around the North Bay with the participation of all residents and businesses. Together, it is possible to be a model for the rest of the community and beyond.
The North Bay Zero Waste goal is to:
- Educate the community on zero waste;
- Encourage zero waste as a goal for all North Bay county residents, cities, the county, businesses, institutions, and nonprofits;
- Support zero waste policy goals through action plans that significantly reduce waste and maximize recycling, composting and reuse;
- Support business zero waste certification through the Green Business Certification Institute which is aligned with LEED for Buildings Operations and Maintenance; and
- Provide a networking opportunity with like-minded organizations, businesses, institutions and residents.
ZERO WASTE INCLUDES: Source Reduction Strategies and Examples, Food Waste Prevention, Carbon Life-cycle Benefits through Composting, Commercial and Institutional Organics, Zero Waste Plans and more!